Washington's top diplomat held a news conference to respond to a report that he had used insulting language about Trump at a Pentagon meeting in July and that Vice President Mike Pence had persuaded him not to quit.
"There's never been a consideration in my mind to leave," the former oil executive said, from a podium in the Treaty Room of the State Department.
"I serve at the appointment of the president and I am here for as long as the president feels I can be useful to achieving his objectives."
Instead, he alleged that unidentified others were spreading malicious rumours to tear down the president's agenda.
"I do not and I will not operate that way," he said, expressing support for the president's foreign policy goals and listing what he sees as the administration's achievements.
Shortly after Tillerson's statement, Trump tweeted: "The @NBCNews story has just been totally refuted by Sec. Tillerson and @VP Pence. It is #FakeNews. They should issue an apology to AMERICA!"







No comments:
Post a Comment