Alvaro Morata appears on Spanish radio
Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata has been very vocal in recent weeks.
The Spanish hitman, who scored Chelsea’s winner against Manchester United on Sunday, has seemingly been discussing a Gazzetta dello Sport interview for at least a week now.
Related Posts
- Eden Hazard Says I am ready To Join Real Madrid if guaranteed as one of the club's untouchables
- Give & Take - Juan Mata Says He Is Joining Real Madrid In January Transfer.
- I am Going To PSG - 5 Replacements For Manchester United Coach As EPL Duo & Serie A winner To Be Hired To Replace Jose Mourinho
- Report - Manchester United Coach Jose Mourinho Increasingly Interested To Join PSG At Any Cost But Premier League rival also a leading contender
Ahead of Chelsea’s defeat to Roma in the Champions League, Morata spoke to Gazzetta and the big headline was that he said he doesn’t see himself in London very long.
This was then clarified in the presser ahead of the Champions League game, as Morata said he would sign a 10-year contract with Chelsea.
That should have been that but Morata also discussed Real Madrid in the interview.
Morata clarifies comments on Real Madrid
The Chelsea striker described how disappointed he was to return to Real Madrid after a two-year spell at Juventus.
Gazzetta quoted Morata as saying: “There were contractual agreements to respect. The disappointment was huge: I went right back to the start. They treated me like the kid I was before the two seasons in Italy. I arrived [in Italy] feeling like a boy and I returned feeling like a true player. I should never have left Italy and Juve.”
On Wednesday evening, Morata appeared on Spanish radio and denied saying Real Madrid treated him like a boy.
Morata: “I will be eternally grateful to Madrid”
Morata: “I never said that I regretted going back to Madrid, I just said that they had treated me the same. I will be eternally grateful to Madrid, here in Spain only what is controversial can be reported.
The Chelsea striker continued: “I have not said a bad word about Madrid, I have told everyone, including the president; He has always treated me phenomenally, I spoke with Sergio Ramos to talk to the coach, to clarify, although he certainly knows that I have not said it.”
Morata spoke at length on Spanish radio, amongst the most interesting points was whether he would celebrate a Chelsea goal at the Bernabeu.
“I could never, only for my teammates, that’s why I did not do it with Juve, because I’m grateful and I’m a Madridista. It bothers me that they tell me I have not stayed to fight. I would not celebrate a goal in my life at the Bernabéu, I am grateful, I am a footballer thanks to Madrid, I am at Chelsea and the national team thanks to Madrid ,” said Morata.
Alvaro Morata on Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte
He also discusses his relationships with Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte.
On Mourinho, who reportedly wanted to sign him before landing Romelu Lukaku this past summer, Morata said: “We gave each other a hug, we love each other, it’s the coach that gave me my debut and I’ll always have a special affection for him, now we’re rivals.”
Whilst Morata also lavished praise on Antonio Conte: “I’m very grateful to him because I felt his confidence even when he was not my coach. There were moments when I was going through a bad situation and I was thinking ‘if Conte wants me …’ He motivated me.”








No comments:
Post a Comment